My gals pals and I have major sweet tooths, but I think my buddy, Dina, takes the cake! See what I did there?
Dinava, nickname given to her by the Watkinezes, is the one person I know who actually bakes well (I'm pretty disastrous). She is also our group's LA donut expert and we love her for it. I would've never even known of a green tea donut if it weren't for her! We celebrated her milestone bday this past weekend so I thought this gift package was fitting for our sweet-lover.
I have recently become obsessed with packaging ideas on Pinterest, and I love taking any opportunity I have to try them out. My prop box has had bushels of artificial flowers filling up space when I realized they would make such a pretty alternative to tissue paper! I mean, how pretty is this (if I do say so myself!)?
- wire cutters
- artificial flowers
- gift box
1. At the base of each flower, use the wire cutters to cut the stems off. Prep as many as you need to fill the bottom of the box.
2. Line the empty gift box with one sheet of tissue paper.
3. Fill the entire bottom of the box with the flowers facing up.
4. Place the gift(s) on top of the flowers.
5. Wrap and tuck the tissue paper to close over the package.
6. Place the top of the gift box to close it and you're done!
No one will expect all the pretty inside!!
I busted out an impromptu DIY tutorial via my Snapchat just for fun, but to my surprise, you guys loved it! I got a ton of messages (which is not the norm) so I'm thinking this might be a great way to keep the DIY's going, since I am so short on time these days!
Want to make the same gift basket?
Card | Society 6 Print | Flowers | Frame
Shout out to Studio DIY for hooking it up with this print for newsletter subscribers!
You can sign up for their newsletter here.
Cozy Reverie is part of the Society 6 curator program and awarded compensation for sales they directly refer.
The purpose for the curator program is an extension of Society 6's mission
of empowering artists through the discovery of their work.
Hi, I'm Amy!