Some people have asked how to make the multi-strand infinity scarves I sell in my Etsy shop. Here's a quick tutorial! Just because I sell them doesn't mean I can't teach others how to make them. I figure everyone should be able to create their own fashion, especially if they can up-cycle their old shirts. Let's be real: I can't cut up everything in my house! I still need some shirts. :)
Old Cotton Tee
1. Cut off the bottom seam
2. Cut the shirt into 1-inch strips. Stop at the armpit.
3. Stretch each strip as much as you can (set one strip aside for step 4)
4. Take one strip set aside and cut one end
5. Use the strand you just cut to tie the loop of the other strands
6. Wrap the strand through the loop to cover the knot you just tied.
7. Once you finish wrapping, tie a knot to keep it in place.
8. Tuck the remaining part of the strand into the wrapped section
Finished! You can wear it two ways:
...Or like this!
Diamond pattern top: Forever 21
Ring: Jewel Mint
Hi! I'm Amy
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.