I don't think I have mentioned this on the blog before, but I am a big fan of the artist, Mary Blair. Today's DIY project was inspired by the Mickey Mouse short, "Clogged", which pays homage to her work (you can see what I'm going for in this scene). I guess you can say it's inspired by an inspiration of Mary Blair. Is this Inception?
Before we begin, I want to make clear that this will take a bit of artistic skill. What I mean by that is not being afraid of drawing lines freehand. So if you can draw a rectangle, square, and triangle without a ruler, and you are okay with the little mistakes here and there, then you are in pretty good shape. ;)
Pot (clay or plastic)
Acrylic paint (lots of different colors)
1. Make sure to wipe clean and dry the pot before you begin to draw.
2. For the tulips, begins with a "U" shape.
3. Add two "v"s to the top of the "U".
4. Repeat until you have made the tulip cover the lip of the pot.
5. Beneath every third tulip, draw a line straight down.
6. For the first wall panel: Make an "X". Every other wall panel will be an "X" panel.
7. Then add one more line down the middle.
8. Choose one empty wall panel. This will be the door.
9. Draw a long upside "U" as the door.
10. Add the details to either side of the door, but staying within the same panel.
11. For all other empty wall panels, they will be the "diamond" panels.
12. Draw a cross.
13. Add the diamond.
14. Draw a small circle in the center.
15. (optional) Add the flower details to the "X" panels.
Once the paint dried, I went over the lines with the sharpie again. All done!
I think next time, I'll be getting a clay pot and also using brighter colors. Can you imagine a whole mini-garden with these pots?? So so cute!
Hi, I'm Amy!