I love how the holidays are full of traditions. One of the Watkinez family's traditions is choosing a new Disney ornament for our Christmas tree. Every year, we visit the Disney Store, browse through the newest designs (usually during a sale), and each of us chooses one ornament. With so many already in our collection, I wanted to find a way to protect them when we pack them up in January. Thus, the ornament storage pouch!
1. To measure how much fabric you need, wrap your fabric piece around your ornament.
2. Give the measurement a 1 in" allowance and cut your fabric
3. Cut another piece of fabric with the same measurements
4. Right sides together, sew three sides closed
5. Turn fabric inside out
6. Add bubble wrap into the pouch
7. Sew the open end closed
8. Fold in half and sew the side and bottom closed
9. Turn pouch inside out
10. Attach the velcro to the top of the pouch
I'm a pretty impatient person, so the thought of taking so much time to make these individual pouches was a bit daunting. It will take a few weeks to make enough for our collection, but it feels like it's totally worth it if it means we get to preserve our family memories longer. :)
Reindeer Lunch Break fabric available in the Spoonflower shop
Hi! I'm Amy
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.