I have been meaning to make these for centuries! Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it certainly feels like it. Piñata pillows are a must for party rooms, don't you think? They were so easy to make too! These were part of my testing phase, but I'm pretty sure I will be making jumbo ones eventually.
The best part? These piñatas will last a whole lot longer than regular piñatas made of paper!
Needle and thread
Felt (LOTS of colors)
1. Cut two squares of the same size from felt pieces. These will be the base of your pillow.
2. With the colors you would like to use as the piñata "fringe", cut strips of felt horizontally.
3. Create the fringe by cutting along one side of each strip. Be sure to stop at the middle.
4. Starting from the bottom of your square base, hot glue each strip to the square. Layer the fringe (enough to show each color) all the way to the top.
5. Optional: do the same on the other square. I only did one side, but both sides would totally add to the party!
6. Once the whole base is covered with fringe, it's time to sew! With the outsides facing in, begin by sewing the top of the pillow (meaning the top of the fringe).
7. Now sew the sides of the pillow.
8. Flip the insides out. Your fringe should be on the outside again.
9. Fill your pillow with stuffing.
10. Close off the pillow by sewing the bottom closed. DUNZO!