I have been dying to create a plush for the Spoonflower shop and finally made it happen in time for Piñata Day! Can you tell I've been prepping for that holiday? That's pretty much what springtime means to me nowadays - haha! Aaaaaanywhooo...this option is even easier than last year's pillow and is an super fun sewing craft! I'm thinking of adding googly eyes, just for a bit more personality.
Little known fact: My mom taught me how to craft, my aunt taught me how to sew. As a kid, I remember my mom making piñatas for birthday parties from scratch. My aunt would make dresses for my sister and I all the time. This was before the days of Pinterest and YouTube, folks! This piñata plush was inspired by those two amazing women and I'll forever love them, not just because they're family, but because they were a big influence on who I am as an artist and as an individual.
Enough of me: Let's get our craft on!
piñata pillow fabric kit (available here) - make sure to wash and dry before crafting!
needle and thread
1. Cut both pieces along the dotted line.
2. Pin right sides facing together
3. Sew 1/4 around the image, leaving a small opening at the bottom to be able to add the stuffing.
4. Turn fabric inside out.
5. Fill with stuffing, making sure to get the small corners first.
6. Once filled, hand-sew the opening closed.
Hi! I'm Amy
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.