Welcome to the very first Happy Fridays Art Class!
There are so many people out there that don't think they can draw, which is absolute BS (absolute poppycock, for those reading this to their kids). Anybody can draw. I'm pretty much self-taught in my work so I'm not exactly what you would call an experienced teacher, but I want to show you that you can draw. No matter what your experience is, whether it be doodling at your desk or just spending hours with coloring books, YOU CAN DO THIS. I'm not promising your dream job of being an animator or anything, but if this kickstarts your creativity and imagination, that would be fantastic and totally worth it. Happy Fridays Art is a great activity to do with your kid too!
So class 001 begins with a very simple Disney Pixar character: Eve. It's all about shapes with this gal, so anyone that has learned their circles, ovals, and crescents is so money. The video below shows my quick sketch at double the speed I actually did it, so don't compare your speed to that. Pause, rewind, do what you gotta do. Then refine however you would like!
1. Let your hand relax. This will help you discover your own personal style.
2. Don't worry about being perfect. I sure don't.
3. Don't stress. This is not a test.
4. Color! Even if she is white, put some color around her to make the drawing pop.
5. Sign your name. Very important for when you get famous.
6. (Optional) Post your finished doodle on the Cozy Reverie FB page or on Instagram with the hashtag #HappyFridaysArt. I want to see!
7. Have fun! This is NOT optional.
Time to answer a poll! So what do you think? More mini art classes or not so much? Let me know! You won't hurt my feelings - promise. I've had worse ideas before. ;)
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.