I wore this dress for the first time on Easter, which was the first time I realized I am a bit too short for the dresses I design on Redbubble. I'm used to dresses to end above the knee, but these at the knee, giving the illusion that I am shorter than I actually am. I know there are no rules on what people should wear, but if I can look even remotely taller than what I actually am, I'll jump at the chance! This is how I hemmed my dress, just in time for spring!
- measuring tape
- fabric scissors
- sewing machine
1. Turn your dress inside-out.
2. Using the measuring tape and your pencil, mark where you want the new hemline of your dress. Make a mark about every inch, measuring from the original hem up.
3. Once you're finished, connect each mark. This shows your new hemline.
4. Using fabric scissors, cut an 1 inch below the new hemline.
5. Fold the bottom of the dress up to create a hem. Pin. Using a sewing machine, sew the hem.
6. Remove the pins and turn the dress right side out.
Hi! I'm Amy
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.