The weekends in July were jam-packed! Our little family was so busy! I even had events during the week, and that’s never easy. But it was a fun-filled month and I can’t wait for what August will bring. August weekends were already booked back in June, so I already know we’re in for another hectic month.
1. Dodgers are in first! Growing up in the San Fernando Valley, I was bound to be a Dodger fan. This month, our beloved blue in blue made it to first place in the NL West! This is an illustration I doodled during one of their games that ended with a win. ;)
2. Quick Meals. This month, I’ve been having a lot of fruit smoothies for dinner. I tend to not have much of an appetite in the evenings, but I’d hate to go to bed without anything in my stomach. With almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, and the occasional banana, dinner time has quick, effortless, and delicious.
3. Sister Day. My little sister lives in San Diego, which is just too darn far for us. We actually miss each other! We had a “Sister Day” last Saturday, where she took me to MOPA (Museum of Photographic Arts) at Balboa Park. Whenever you need some inspiration, just go to a museum. That is sure to kick start your imagination.
4. Happy Fourth. We had a great Fourth of July! Our friends hosted a party at their home in the valley, near the Warner Center, so we were able to catch the fireworks without the hassle of crowds and parking. I had four outfits picked out for the day! LOL! Who knew I had so much red, white and blue in my closet? This one didn’t make the cut because I thought the shorts would be a bit too short for a family event. It was my favorite though – I actually look like I’m in my twenties!
5. Photo Project. Earlier this month, I gathered a group of friends to create my Disney-inspired Mouse Ears Photo Project. Taken at Travel Town in Griffith Park, it was a great day! We got to catch up with friends and made wonderful memories out of it.
6. The Watkinez-es. For seven long months, Patrick and I kept our marriage quiet. I didn’t even announce our engagement. Yes, this is quite different from what society expects from us, but we thought it best since we still worked together. Now that he has taken his career path in a new and exciting direction, we were finally comfortable to let everyone know! We got the best reactions from everyone. All kinds of support and understanding. My favorite though was whenever someone was completely impressed that we were able to keep such a big secret. See? Some secrets can be fun!
7. Fashion Illustrations. This is something I’ve always done, but never really posted on the blog. Kinda silly, right? This one reflects what I plan to do with the fabric I purchased from Spoonflower. The pattern was illustrated by moi! ;)
8. Superhero 5K. San Diego keeps finding ways to seduce me. I love how fit this city is! It’s so different from the LA vibe. There are 5K/10K runs all the time. People ride bikes everywhere. It’s just so fun! Last weekend, I participated in a 5K run with my sister. My time was terrible, but hey, it’s something to work on, right?
9. Snooze! I had never heard of this place but I’m so glad I went! My sister knew of the Denver location of Snooze, so when she saw that they opened one in her neck of the woods, she was ecstatic! The wait was long, but quite honestly, it was worth it. I had their Breakfast Pot Pie…oh man, just thinking of it makes me want to go back.
You can follow me on Instagram @CozyReverie. We reached 450 followers this month, yay!
Hi, I'm Amy!