A whole lot of my procrastinating has been due to lack of planning. It's just not enough to have a reminder on my phone anymore. I am constantly giving myself projects to do, but this month, I am determined to follow through. Procrastinating is not cute! So let's stop pretending it is.
My August To-Do List:
1. Continue the daily blog. I'm pretty surprised that I've stayed consistent with the Monday through Friday blog. I hope to keep this up in August, especially since there a couple of busy weekends (more on this later).
2. Pendant Necklaces. I want to revisit my original watercolor paintings that you can wear around your neck. I want the paintings to be a little more intricate this time around, so the plan in one finished piece a week. Slow and steady - you can't rush art!
3. Mini-skirts. I had ordered three yards of Spoonflower fabrics with my illustrations printing on them and I have yet to make the skirts I planned for them! Sheesh! The design I have is fairly simple, so they will be done this weekend. Pinky swear! I hope to featured them in a couple of outfit posts.
4. D23 Expo: I am excited to be going for the very first time. Three days of Disney geekdom in Anaheim! I have heard it's like Comicon for Disney fans, and I will be blogging about it all on the A Waltz Through Disney site. Follow our Facebook page!
5. A Waltz Through DisneyLAND. In addition to the Expo, we will be hosting a small competition between our friends to who can have the best visit to Disneyland. We've been planning this for months and still aren't finished. The plan is the have all the team booklets printed a week before the event, which is the only thing I'm responsible for. Three weeks is more than enough time, right? RIGHT!
This list is just the extras I hope to complete this month. This is in addition to Brody starting kindergarten, my new food/fitness plan, and the constant need to redo my bedroom. Still, it WILL get done. It has to because I already have more projects to get to in September.
What are your goals for the month of August?
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.