"This is Happening" is still one of the most popular cards in the shop (I wonder if it's because of this post), but I have always wondered how guests have been using them. Like this rad gal? How are you proposing to your girlfriends?
It got me to thinking how I would do it, so naturally, it turned into a fun balloon-filled project!
Inspired by this Studio DIY project, special messages are written onto balloons so the moment your gal pals enter the room, they know what's up!
Balloons (colors of the wedding if you've already decided)
1. Blow up all the balloons first. No helium!
2. Write a special message on each balloon. Just make sure at least one balloon says something along the lines of "will you be my bridesmaid"?
3. Tape one end of the twine to the ceiling and see how low you would like the balloon to hang. Cut.
4. Tie a balloon to the end of the twine.
5. Repeat with all other balloons. Give them different heights to add to the fun!
6. (Optional) Want this to double as a photo backdrop? Be sure to use scotch tape to keep the balloons stuck together. That way, they will move less during the photos!
Want the card?
For a true DIY experience, you can find the printable PDF version via Etsy.
If you prefer the professional printing route, Redbubble has got you covered!
Happy wedding planning, peeps!
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.