Happy Watermelon Day! The most delicious fruit on the face of the earth, especially during the summer. I can eat a whole watermelon in one sitting, maybe two, if I have nothing to do. So for today's little unofficial celebration, you can wear this refreshing fruit in an unexpected way: on the soles of your shoes!
Red acrylic paint
Green acrylic paint
Black acrylic paint
Pair of Shoes
1. Tape the edge of your shoe to protect it from any paint strokes (I used an old pair of shoes, but you can always find an inexpensive pair).
2. Paint the top part of the shoe with the red acrylic paint.
3. Paint the heel of the shoe with the green acrylic paint.
4. Once the paint dries, paint the black seeds in the red area.
5. Once the black paint dries, remove the tape.
Naturally, I added some flair to my day by diving into some Pinterest ideas!
- You can catch the tutorial for the sunglasses over at Studio DIY.
- These watermelon clips were part of my #dresstherainbow series, and inspired by this tutorial.
- Check out more ideas on how to celebrate today on my Pinterest board.
Well, I'm off to eat some yummy watermelon! Here's to a great start to a great week!