A little belated but here it is: A recap for June!
I haven't been making as many items as I should be for my Etsy shop, but it is mainly because I have been so wrapped up in all the family and friend events. The shop will just have to wait because its summertime in so Cal! It has been a busy month and for all the right reasons: fun, fun and fun!
1. Birthday Fun! June 6th is my birthday (yes, a Gemini - are you surprised?) and to celebrate, I took a mini stay-cation from work. With parenting, alone time is rare, so three days of this was wonderful. I also had a day with the girls that following weekend, where I was pleasantly surprised by this delicious dessert.
2. Father's Day: I love my dad with all my heart! He is the best man I know. I realized that old photographs with him are rare because he was usually the one behind the camera. I was lucky enough to find this adorable memory of him and me at Disneyland. He has always encouraged my Disney geekdom.;)
3. Jumping June: This month, I started a jumping jack challenge as well as training for a 5K. Yeah, I know a 5K is practically nothing, but I loathe running, so it really is a big deal for me. Patrick has become an unlikely "workout buddy"! He has kept me consistent, which is exactly what I need.
4. The Brodster Comic: Kids really do say the darnest things! I started a comic strip this month, mainly to collect these memories with Brody. I hope to print them in a book one day.
5. Inspired by Disney: Photography is a hobby of mine, but I haven't really done anything creative with it in a while. I got the idea to photograph Disney fans with their Mouse ears and to find out the story behind them. The photo shoot is in July so I can't wait to share it with you!
6. Hollywood Beauty: Last weekend, we went to the El Capitan to watch Monsters University (which I highly recommend), and we passed by the Dolby Theatre. I am always in awe of the architecture. It's so beautiful!
7. Tea Obsession: In the recent months, I've been an avid green tea drinker. When a friend of mine gifted me a variety of Ahmad Teas, the iced peach flavored tea has been my favorite! So yummy!
8. DIY posts: Some of my favorite posts this month have been the do-it-yourself tutorials. Life has been so busy lately, which leaves very little time for me to add items to my Etsy shop, but these DIY posts fill the creativity void. Plus, I only have so many old t-shirts lying around.
9. Summertime: It's finally here! We were only able to make it to the beach once this month, but hopefully we can squeeze in some more time in July and August. We figured out that early days at Zuma are the best. No crowds yet!
You can follow me on Instagram @COZYREVERIE. We reached 400 followers this month, yay!
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.