This month was full of family time. I had tons for stuff that needed to get done for Brody. I realized that the Cozy Reverie Etsy shop took a back seat so I will really have to step it up in June.
1. The MiceChat Gumball Rally 2013. I competed for my 3rd year in a row with the team "A Waltz Through Disney". We placed 45th out of 200 teams! Inspired by the game, the Disney fan blog I write for will be hosting their 1st invitational "A Waltz Through DisneyLAND".
2. Mother's Day: I love this old photo of my mom and me. I always post in on social media on Mother's day and has been created into a card for you in the past. She looks so beautiful and happy!
3. My Keurig: A good friend hooked me up with this awesome Keurig! I can now brew my own tea and coffee and skip the expensive trips to Starbucks in the mornings. Time and money saver!
4. The Ice Queen: My Nissan earned the nickname because of the lack of personality I had seen. Sounds harsh since she's new, but she'll come out of her shell soon I'm sure. The other day, I called her "Queenie" as a term of endearment. Yes, I talk to my car. Totally normal.
5. Picnic Day: One weekend, we surprised Brody with a picnic. He was so excited! Granted, we just picked up some drive-true, but we set it up on a blanket. He loved it. We threw the ball around the park for a while afterwards, making it a pretty easy, relaxing afternoon.
6. Office Doodling: There are some moments when I get slightly overwhelmed with the nonsense around me. I tend to start sketching or doodling when this happens, just to quietly escape for a moment. This post-it was one of those moments. I instantly felt better!
7. Yearly Check-up: Oh man, I hate the doctor visits for Brody. I know that he is probably going to get a shot and that terrifies him. His nurse already knows Brody gives her the evil eye! The Brodster surprised me this year - he was so brave! The needle still spooked him, but he was incredibly polite to everyone. He even thanked the nurse. Maybe it was because we got the Dodger room.
8. Family Day Treat: May 22nd marked a very special day for our family. We named it our "Family Day". To celebrate the occasion, we all went out for frozen yogurt in the middle of the week. On a school night? We're CRAZY!
9. Spring Show 2013: The very last music show at Brody's day care! *Cue sobbing mother* The theme was "Music from Around the World" and it was one of the best I've seen. Brody was front and center, of course. I like to think they put the best kids in that spot, but hey, I'm just his mother. That observation might be a little biased. ;)
Follow me on Instagram @COZYREVERIE for more!