You are cordially invited to celebrate Draw a Self-Portrait Day! On March 26, we will set aside a day to bust out those colored pencils, sharpies, paints and/or stylus to create a new piece of artwork: Your beautiful face.
I have created an easy tutorial on how you can create your own self-portrait. The best part about art is that it doesn't have to be perfect! Just relax and have fun. It's all about seeing the beauty in YOU. That sounds cheesy, but oh well! Deal with it!
Anything that makes art! (i.e. Pencils, Pens, Markers, Paintbrushes, Digital Tablet, etc.)
1. Draw a circle or oval for you face.
2. Add the neck
3. Lightly draw a cross in the circle to find the center of your face
4. Draw your hair in the way you wear it
5. Draw your nose
6. Draw your smile
7. Draw your eyes
8. Draw any additional characteristics (do you wear glasses? Have a beard? Birthmarks? etc.)
10. Sign and date your work of art
This event is inspired by the Make Up Your Own Holiday Day. So this March 26th, we want to see YOUR self-portraits! Make it a fun activity at the office, classroom, and with your family. Be sure to share your portraits with the hashtag #DrawASelfPortraitDay so everyone can see your talent!
music in video by Dave Depper via Free Music Archive
I draw, make, and occasionally tell a story.